Friday, August 28, 2009

Cheetah Heaven

Sunday 23 August .

Anyone who knows me will know I have a passion for cheetah.

Scarves,shirts,pants, bracelets, key rings, tattoos…….the list could go on forever.

The Tenikwa Wildlife Awareness Centre was a little piece of heaven for me

Cheetah Encounter

 IMG_1085

Up close and in the same enclosure with caracal, serval, african wild cat,and black footed cat.

IMG_1257 IMG_1248

IMG_1282

 IMG_1287

A young rescued leopard was also in residence

 IMG_1155 IMG_1163

Did I also mention we were in the enclosure with 4  adult cheetahs.

IMG_1215

I love to click away with my camera, but with the cheetahs so close I didn’t want to take my eyes off them and only took a few photos.

After this warm up experience we were introduced to Chaka and Thandie in preparation for our 90 minute walk.

We also met a Marabou stork.Young and in rehab.

IMG_1372 IMG_1385 IMG_1397

Now that is a face only a mother could love.

The walk with Chaka and Thandie was the icing on the cake.

IMG_1442

Everyone took a turn at leading.

IMG_1497

When the cubs ran , the leaders had to run as well.

No, I didn’t run I took the option to drop the lead.

I calculated that after 90 mins they would be tired and I would take my turn to lead then.

IMG_1456

We played soccer, walked, flopped to rest,patted while resting, more play, walk .

I managed to lead both brother and sister for at least 20 minutes.

The cubs finished the walk knowing their dinner would be waiting and we finished with drinks and nibbles.

IMG_1516

IMG_1518

IMG_1509

No comments:

Post a Comment